Rubber Conveyor Belts – Advantages and Applications
Automation of operations has given a new direction to industrialization. Many small and huge mechanical tasks are being done by automatic electrically run machines. This has indeed enhanced the productivity of various industries by reducing the requirement of manual labor. Moreover, the working conditions and facilities in firms dealing in metals, chemicals, textile and mining have also been improved.
Consequently, the automated systems have made a significant place outside the industries as well. Tools as simple as conveyer belts can take up humongous work and simplify as well as speed up operations like transmission of raw materials, supply of finished products, transfer of luggage, packaging and similar jobs. These tasks can be easily done with the help of these simple mechanical devices run by electric motors and directed by mechanical parts such as rollers.
As per the demand of the application, different types of conveyer belts are available in the market. Rubber conveyor belts can have lengths starting from a few meters to several kilometers. The width of the belt can also be adjusted according to the dimensions of the goods that are to be carried by the belt. Several strong, durable and elastic layers of fine quality rubber are glued one over the other to form sturdy straps. The retaining capacity of the material is another factor due to which Rubber conveyor belts provide good gripping of the carriage.
Industries where these belts are commonly used for daily execution are:
- Airlines to transfer tourist luggage
- Ports to carry heavy luggage
- Cement plants to transfer heavy cement bags
- Agricultural industries for processes like threshing and drying of grains
- Chemical industries for carrying out various chemical operations and movement of stuff
- Foundries for cutting, shaping and packaging of materials
- Metal industries like steel production plants
- Mining industries for carrying out various processes like crushing, grinding and digging
- Power plants
- Metal smelting industries for safe transfer of goods
- Construction industries for moving heavy raw materials safely on the site
- Cotton ginning industries to carry out the ginning operation smoothly
- Grocery store and warehouses for transfer of goods
The commercial setups where these prolific Rubber conveyor belts are installed are reaping huge benefits such as
- The cost cutting on manual labor is achieved
- Speed of operations is increased
- The total time to be taken for a particular process can be estimated accurately
- Maintenance required by these mechanical tools is very low
- Belts can be custom designed as per the demand of application
- Adjustable operation such as operating speed, direction of rotation, etc.
- Rubber is a durable material that provides years of service without any considerable wear and tear
Conveyer belts are available in a huge variety. Also, these can be customized according to the intended use. Use of Rubber conveyor belts helps in handling bulk material in industries and delivering a smooth and undisturbed operation.